Saturday, November 6, 2010

El Gallo grounded for a while

On account of a family emergency, I have to end this trip and come back to Canada. I'll actually be in Peru for a couple more days, because that's the earliest I could make the Cusco-Lima-Santiago-Toronto connection. I still haven't sorted out how I'm getting back to Newfoundland.

I'll update further as events unfold. I could have some more interesting things to write about Peru, since I intend to take advantage of the rest of my time in Cusco. I might as well, right? I may be posting some more pictures and such sometime after I get back to Canada, so you can check back if you like. Or I could always use this blog for social and political rants, should I find myself with anything worth saying (unlikely).

The great adventure is just suspended, not ended. It was always my intention to return to Latin America early in the new year, and I'd like to stick to that. Now I feel like picking up where I will be leaving off in Peru (seasonal weather patterns permitting). Despite my attempts to plan my life by checklist, my travel destinations have often felt like a matter of revelation rather than rationale.

I'll let you know when El Gallo flies again.

No comments: