Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Peruvian buffet

My friend took me to a Peruvian buffet the other day...here are some of the dishes.



I had eaten part of this one before I thought of taking a picture. Here's what's left: rolled up thing in upper left is a tequeño (like a fried wonton containing ham); red thing is rocoto relleno (red pepper stuffed with meat, raisins, cheese, and something really hot that gave me the hiccups); in the middle antecuchos (beef heart).



Clockwise from upper left: aji de pollo, arroz con pollo (rice with chicken), frejol (beans), cau cau (a stew made with tripe--fortunately not too much); and camote (a kind of tuber).


This one was my friend's--I didn't eat all of these myself. Some duplications here. Clockwise from top left: chamfaina, aji de pollo, arroz con pollo, and cau cau.



Here are some desserts. The orange one is flan, the purplish one I don't know the specific name of, but it's made from blue corn. There was also arroz con leche (rice with milk).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the hot component would be the very commonly used hot pepper called aji